1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Help with Video

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by coangler, Jul 20, 2011.

1. coangler

coangler Lurker
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    Hello all, first off I am a pretty basic user of this stuff, so forgive my ignorance. Most of the stuff I read on these forums is way above my pay grade.

Anyway, I recently took some video of a t-storm, namely lightning. When I hook up my inc2 to my computer, it appears as though the video is in quick time format, not 100% sure though. What I would like to do is be able to play back the video frame by frame, find the ones with the lightning on them, and turn them into still photos. Is there a way to do this?

I also found it curious that the format was quick time, if I'm interpreting that correctly. I checked the setting on my phone, there must be a way to change the video format, but I can't figure it out. Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help.

Advertisement

2. theacousticprophet

theacousticprophet Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 22, 2010
    The format that mine records video in is 3GPP (.3gp). It's not quicktime.

My computer recognizes it as a normal video file, and both windows media and VLC player can play it back, no problem.

As far as your intended use, I'm pretty sure that any video editing software should be able to do what you want to do.