• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with @virginmedia.com acct

scuwif

Lurker
Aug 16, 2010
Hi everyone, I was referred here from the virginmedia forums.

Got my new Desire on VM and have been trying to set up my @virginmedia.com email acct for two days. I've got the "correct" settings via virgin site but no matter what I do I can't seem to receive emails. I did manage to send but not receive. I've now deleted the account but can easily reload it (or at least try to).

When I input the pop settings my phone says can't connect to my server, also sometimes says connection timeout when I'm trying to access the mail screen on my handset.

Another message I've had whilst trying to load the settings is that my server doesn't require ssl even though I've been told I should tick the ssl settings...

Also keep getting the message "Cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account. Your server is not responding".

Anyone else on here use virginmedia.com email & if so any chance you can send me details of your proven settings?

Any help gratefully received. (btw gmail acct is working fine).

Cheers

I use virginmedia.com but my e-mail is ntlworld.com but should not be very different.

I have enclosed the set up i used and have no problem. One set up is for ntlworld the other for virginmedia.com

Best of luck

Attachments

• Snap_2010.08.16 17.02.07_001.jpg
    Snap_2010.08.16 17.02.07_001.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Snap_2010.08.16 17.02.50_002.jpg
    Snap_2010.08.16 17.02.50_002.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: scuwif
Upvote 0
Cheers all, yeah spotted Virgin were having issues.......think its also affected my BB as just got a message saying I need to update my Virgin password for some reason even though it ain't changed.......ah happy days....be fine if I can get my mail on Desire working I can then bin the BB, that was the original plan...

Thanks again for the info...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones