1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help with Wifi problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bwaldrep1, Jul 9, 2011.

1. bwaldrep1

bwaldrep1 Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    Power went off last night. Restarted modem/router and both Macs are connecting to the internet with no problems. Problem I am having is that my Samsung captivate is having problems connecting to my router. Getting an error message "Disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 FSK". I have rebooted the phone as well as reentered the WPA pin, and no change. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. THE VIRUS

THE VIRUS Newbie
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    Sounds like you are entering the wrong security code. Try erasing your wifi "remembered networks" double check your security code and try again.

3. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    Had this problem numerous times with my last captivate. Try downloading this app: FXR WiFi fix and rescue. Open and use that app then restarting your phone. Usually that'll fix it. If not back up your phone to an SD card or pc and factory reset your phone (last resort).

4. fism

fism Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    I have this problem too...tried the FXR wifi fix with no luck. I know that the password is correct, and there are 4 other devices working fine on my wifi network right now. I returned my first phone because of this, but the second one does it as well, so I'm guessing it's not a hardware thing.

5. fism

fism Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    OK try connecting to an unsecured network, and then to your secured network. It's working for me now.

6. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    Good deal. I'm on my third captivate and the one I have now was sent with the earpiece that works whenever it wants (first one couldn't find a network and the second had wifi issues/earpiece issues). The only reason why I didn't return this one was cause the gps actually works. Due to the galaxy being superlate I mght end up with the LG Thrill 4G

7. fism

fism Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    The wifi stopped working, again, and I tried the factory reset. Maybe I should wait 48 hours before saying that it is working...but...it's working. Maybe you can go app by app and see if you have anything installed that is not playing nice with the wifi...who knows. It really sucks that the "fix" is to blow everything up and start fresh.

8. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    Whatever u do, if u ever wanna send that phone in cause of the wifi problem just don't tell the warranty department that it connects but won't stay connected(even though every other device is connected in the house) cause they won't give u an exchange. They'll say it's your modemn. Tell them it won't connect at all. Trust me. Mine would connect after every factory reset, then when I leave my house and come back it would connect, disconnect then scan and never connect.

9. KBent

KBent Member
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    I had a problem with my husbands Captivate, where it would not connect to the home wireless. I took someone's suggestion and connected it at an AT&T hotspot. "Forgot" the home wireless. Came home, it found the home wireless, I put in the WEP key, and it seems to be working just fine. :)

10. tropicsteve

tropicsteve Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    i have the same problem but am able to connect to my wi fi by using the captivate included app "allshare" as a work around. it connects without any problem then.