• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (help) xiaomi stuck in between bootloader and twrp. no idea what to boot

hacknorris

Lurker
Feb 4, 2023
my problem is that :
this phone does not have vendor partition which i deleted cause i thought it blocks installations of other ROMs than stock. twrp also probably is bad one cause redmi go is 64bit phone but i can load only 32bit OSes from there (error 255). Most OSes found online were always stuck at boot or even were bootlooping/shutting down device/blackscreen.
why i do not want to install stock? mainly i dont want g-apps and when removing them from stock i had more bugs than next to a lake in warm day. literally - couldnt install apps due to lack of core package related to google play services (as far i remember it was forcing google play's antivirus on every local install), had more problems with calls/sms/wifi than before (losing signal, undelivered content, etc) and was this slow like almost unusable so i just NEED custom rom. second thing i want is just root but its a smaller problem cause this i can install anywhere.
i also dont want to lock back this phone from "encryption unsuccessful" cause i also was affected by this bug + i dont want relocking bootloader
my desktop with android tools runs slackware linux so installation of any .exe apps for any official xiaomi installer or scripts surely UNAVAILABLE. plain adb+fastboot+etc...
any ideas?
someone maybe have a currently working set of vendor, twrp and system partition? i dont care about android version number btw, any custom rom, really...
btw - i deal with this phone for over year

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones