1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help! Yahoo Mail going crazy!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mykeprime, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Mykeprime

Mykeprime Lurker

The S2 is my first smartphone and it's been fine since i got it a couple of months ago. But now the Yahoo mail app is playing up. Every time my phone syncs (every 30mins with juice defender), It'll make the yahoo message sound multiple times, with the notification bar saying i have multiple new mails. But they're either once that I've already read or have read and deleted.

I've tried clearing the cache and data for the yahoo app and the good ol 'turn it of and on again'. Which stops it for a bit, but as soon as I get a genuinely new mail, the phantom ones come back.:(

Any ideas

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jmaliaga

jmaliaga Lurker

Did you figure this out? My phone is doing the EXACT same thing. It's very annoying.
    I have an HTC Droid Incredible 2

3. bigwebb83

bigwebb83 Lurker

I'm also having this problem. Anyone have a resolution yet? I'm running an HTC EVO and this is getting old quick.

4. Leevis

Leevis Well-Known Member

I find that this happens everything i get a new email, read it and delete it

5. Nadette

Nadette Lurker

I'm having the exact same issue on my HTC Incredible 2. This is getting really old, really fast.

6. bigwebb83

bigwebb83 Lurker

not even close to a viable solution

7. brizey

brizey Android Enthusiast

Everyone has the issue. Server side problem. So bad last night that my phone could not even keep up charging because I had vibrate on. I uninstalled for now and need to find another app until they fix it.

8. at90s2313

at90s2313 Lurker

yahoo messenger is repeating incoming messages and the email is going nuts notifying me of existing emails since late last night...

9. Mykeprime

Mykeprime Lurker

Thanks for the replies, Glad to know it's not just me! A lot of people have commented on the app market saying they've had this problem over the last couple of days as well, it coincides with the new version of yahoo mail they just launched on their website.

Hope they fix it soon

10. loclhero

loclhero Newbie

Yep, everyone has it. Someone reviewed in the Marketplace that it was a deliberate attack on the app since it just happened to start on the same day Bartz was fired from Yahoo. Their implication was that it would force everyone to uninstall the app causing further harm to Yahoo's finances.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews