• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[HELP]-ZTE Avid 4g Accelerometer stops working

DjSidEShoW

Nov 17, 2012
West Palm Beach, FL U.S.A.
I've tried to get help in the avid community but to no avail.

My accelerometer only works for about an hour after a reboot.

I've tried to calibrate with compass apps but to no avail.

I'm also running the latest SD update from ZTE's website (vB19).

Hopefully a company rep can help me out.

UPDATE (2013-07-09): their seems to be no fix for this problem, it is a manufacturer defect. So, if this is happening to you, take the phone back right away. Their is a 12 month manufacturer's warranty.

I don't have any suggestions but if you don't get it fixed I would recommend going to a metro corporate store because most times for stuff like that they'll give you a replacement for only $10, there's one at Lake Worth Rd & Jog Rd then there's one at the Wellington Green Mall.

If you do go to corp I would recommend the one @Wellington Green Mall because they're always less packed.

Reactions: DjSidEShoW
Upvote 0
That's weird the motion is a phone that's currently sold so they should of sent you that, so sorry I don't know.

Yeah, at the time they said they had no more motion's in stock so instead of waiting I took this phone, which I like better, except for this little problem.

I called Ausurion and they are going to email me a ticket to take to a corporate store and get a new phone free of charge!

I guess if someone else is reading this later on and has this problem, the only fix is a new phone, I've tried them all.

Thanks for everyone's help on this. OP is updated also :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones