1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help!

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, May 7, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    In miscellaneous files theres 2 I have to know if it's ok to delete 1.TTImages_cache and 2.LGmTalkSFDB
    I have no idea what they are.

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I always think that "Miscellaneeous files" isn't a helpful category as all it means is "anything that's not a photo, video, app or music", and even then it's relying on the filename to identify the type. So I'm glad you asked, because people often assume it means "unimportant" and then discover that some of those files were anything but!

I assume that you have an LG phone from the name of the second one. I don't know what it is, but "Talk" suggests it might be related to text to speech or something like that, and "DB" commonly means "database". I'd be inclined to leave that alone.

TTImages_cache sounds like a folder that might contain a cache of downloaded images. Caches are collections of temporary files, so this is more likely to be OK to clear, but it may depend on what has actually been using those data (may affect the operation of whatever app created/is using it). Maybe you should use a file browser and look to see what is in it first?