• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

noahchance

Lurker
Feb 2, 2018
I Recently Bought A S8 Active & A S8 2nd Hand... & After Using The Devices Both Of The Phones Have Been Blacklisted... Is There Anything I Can Do??? I Have Contacted AT&T & They Said Bc I Do Not Know The Original Phone # There Is NOTHING They Can Do... Am I Totally Screwed Out Of A 1000 $$$s Or Is There Something I Can Do??? Plz Help...

Unfortunately, this is a fairly common scam. Some guy buys a subsidized phone using as many deals and discounts as possible to get it with the least amount of money out of his own pocket. He then turns around and sells the phone claiming it's got a good IMEI (which it does, at this point). Seller then pockets the cash and defaults on the contract. Carrier blacklists the phone, which I'm afraid is permanent without the original owner in the picture. :(

If you bought them through a site like swappa or eBay, you might have some recourse, or if you used a credit card you might also have a way to recover some of your money. A lot depends on how much time has passed since you bought them. :( :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones