• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DeviSn0w

Lurker
Jul 29, 2019
Hello Guys!
i have Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F)
blocked by FRP
Oreo 8.0.0
Stuck On Samsung Logo
i tried many time to upgrade by many firmware (Binary 5)
After Flash passed with Odin
phone reboot
Erasing...
boot to recovery mode and i have this error :
#fail to open recovery_cause (no such file or directory)#
#Reboot recovery_cause is [unknown]#
No support SINGLE-SKU file-based OTA
Supported OTA
Supported API: 3
dm-verity verification failed...

when i put my phone in Download mode and i tried to root or to flash with TWRP
it shown me this error :
Costum Binary Blocked by frp lock

i tried to Wipe Partiotion & wipe cashe
same problem
i loosed my mind
please help me

i tried many time to upgrade by many firmware (Binary 5)...
Your statement on using 'many firmware' and the Binary 5 error message both indicate you're not using the correct ROM. They are not interchangeable and you should never just try to mix-and-match different ROMs. Use only the Samsung stock ROM that matches your specific model (SM-G930F) and your carrier.
Every phone model has its own, unique hardware configuration (different internal components) so while they make look similar on the outside, there's a lot of variance on what's inside. Each ROM is created to match that specific hardware so using a ROMs for other models (even if it has a model I.D. that's 'similar') will result in Odin showing some kind of 'binary' error message. The errors referring to the Recovery might also be tied to this issue -- when you're flashing a new stock ROM this also installs a new stock Recovery. So if you did have TWRP installed previously, after a successful flashing your S7 will have a stock Samsung Recovery again.
So try again but be very selective about which ROM you download. Another thing to make note of is any kind of error message during the download. That binary error message might be attributed to a corrupted download.

Upvote 0
Your statement on using 'many firmware' and the Binary 5 error message both indicate you're not using the correct ROM. They are not interchangeable and you should never just try to mix-and-match different ROMs. Use only the Samsung stock ROM that matches your specific model (SM-G930F) and your carrier.
Every phone model has its own, unique hardware configuration (different internal components) so while they make look similar on the outside, there's a lot of variance on what's inside. Each ROM is created to match that specific hardware so using a ROMs for other models (even if it has a model I.D. that's 'similar') will result in Odin showing some kind of 'binary' error message. The errors referring to the Recovery might also be tied to this issue -- when you're flashing a new stock ROM this also installs a new stock Recovery. So if you did have TWRP installed previously, after a successful flashing your S7 will have a stock Samsung Recovery again.
So try again but be very selective about which ROM you download. Another thing to make note of is any kind of error message during the download. That binary error message might be attributed to a corrupted download.
Thank's for reply but everything is okey bro
i find the correct ROM
the only problem that i had is :
after flashing with odin my phone reboot automaticaly to recovery mode and show this error

Supported OTA

when i reboot my phone stuck at Samsung logo

and like i sayed my phone is frp locked so i can't flash with TWRP or anything else

Upvote 0
Thank's for reply but everything is okey bro
i find the correct ROM
the only problem that i had is :
after flashing with odin my phone reboot automaticaly to recovery mode and show this error

Supported OTA

when i reboot my phone stuck at Samsung logo

and like i sayed my phone is frp locked so i can't flash with TWRP or anything else

A corrupt or missing Recovery and always booting up with the Samsung logo are both are common indicators the ROM that was used is either the wrong one or bad, and needs to re-flashed. Again, try re-downloading the ROM and re-flash. If the same problem occurs using a newly downloaded ROM, that's a sign it's probably not a software issue but could be a hardware issue (i.e. internal storage chip is failing).

Upvote 0
A corrupt or missing Recovery and always booting up with the Samsung logo are both are common indicators the ROM that was used is either the wrong one or bad, and needs to re-flashed. Again, try re-downloading the ROM and re-flash. If the same problem occurs using a newly downloaded ROM, that's a sign it's probably not a software issue but could be a hardware issue (i.e. internal storage chip is failing).
how to find the best ROM for my device ?
you can't say that there is a hardware problem because all things are working in my phone only the Bootloader

Upvote 0
how to find the best ROM for my device ?
you can't say that there is a hardware problem because all things are working in my phone only the Bootloader
Try either:
https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model/?q=SM-G930F&exact=1&r=&v=&rpp=100
or
https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s7/firmware/SM-G930F/
Both are reputable sources for Samsung stock ROMs and claim to verify the validity of their downloads. (... also note that you need to sign up for an account to get unfettered access, otherwise they intentionally limit the bandwidth speed of their download servers for everyone else.)

Regarding something like the internal storage chip failing, note that the operating system and Recovery are stored there so the issue with only seeing that Samsung logo on screen is just part of the Samsung firmware that is in its own chip. The internal storage is read and write, something like the firmware will be read only. The issue being since you cannot get a working OS or even Recovery successfully flashed that's likely attributed to using an incorrect ROM, a problem doing the flashing process, or a hardware error. The hardware suggestion is just supposition, but it could be proven wrong if you take your phone to a reputable service shop and have them flash your device for you. This might be the best measure anyway as you might still have issues tied to the FRP lock as you still need to authenticate your ownership of the device.

Upvote 0
Try either:
https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model/?q=SM-G930F&exact=1&r=&v=&rpp=100
or
https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s7/firmware/SM-G930F/
Both are reputable sources for Samsung stock ROMs and claim to verify the validity of their downloads. (... also note that you need to sign up for an account to get unfettered access, otherwise they intentionally limit the bandwidth speed of their download servers for everyone else.)

Regarding something like the internal storage chip failing, note that the operating system and Recovery are stored there so the issue with only seeing that Samsung logo on screen is just part of the Samsung firmware that is in its own chip. The internal storage is read and write, something like the firmware will be read only. The issue being since you cannot get a working OS or even Recovery successfully flashed that's likely attributed to using an incorrect ROM, a problem doing the flashing process, or a hardware error. The hardware suggestion is just supposition, but it could be proven wrong if you take your phone to a reputable service shop and have them flash your device for you. This might be the best measure anyway as you might still have issues tied to the FRP lock as you still need to authenticate your ownership of the device.
Bro i tried 6 or 7 firmwares
Still the same problem
stuck on Samsung Logo
my problem is after flashing the mobile phone
the phone reboot to recovery mode and show me this error

Supported OTA

i need to solve this problem as i think everything will be ok
Please Please
the reputable service shop says :
your phone doesn't accept the Flash
try by your self or change the motherboard
but everything is okay in my motherboard im sure

Upvote 0
Listen...
  • Flash the correct factory firmware (NOT TWRP or ROM) and you should be able to access the FRP password section.
  • Enter the correct pswd and boot to main OS.
  • Go into Settings-Accounts-Google and remove the account.
  • NOW ya should be able to flash TWRP and appropriate ROM..
You cannot bypass FRP until you've installed the correct FW and entered the correct pswd. Period.

One last thing: You CANNOT install TWRP or ROM in any USA model Galaxy S7 due to the fact that they are ALL bootloader locked! You actually need the International version with Exynos chips to do so. If you're on any Verizon Wireless device, just hang up any possibility of custom ROMs, even if it's a Google Pixel phone. That's just how VZW is on that..

Edit: Derp Lol.. Just seen you have the "F" model.. = Int'l

Reactions: ocnbrze and svim
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones