• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help!

Shakes

Lurker
Aug 26, 2019
Hello, I'm a long time Roku user. After some coaxing from a friend I bought a Toshiba Fire TV on prime day(July 2019). In the shorts time I've had it I've had to reset to factory settings, and a lot of buffering. I never had as many problems with roku as I have with this TV. Someone please explain, or direct me to a site that could, to me is this android TV? What's side loading? My friend is no longer available after he walked me thru the factory reset. Do I need to treat it like android (cache cleaner, virus scan, ram boost etc..) if so, what's the best apps for it? Preferably free? I feel so lost with this TV. Everyday I debate on sending it back, but I got such a great deal on it and the money I would get back I wouldn't be able to buy a standard TV with. I'm feeling stuck, so any information would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones