• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My Sony Experia mobile does not work as it says "mobile network not available".

It worked OK for the last 7 years, suddenly the phone says Mem.Error, delete some files from sd or internal storage.

How do I get mobile network as it was before?
you so you describe 2 different errors. one is for your mobile network and the other is for the fact that you are running out of storage space.

your phone is 7 years old!!!!!!!!! i'm surprised it is still running....LOL

as for your mobile network error, i wonder if you need a new sim card. i would take it in to your carrier and ask them.

as for storage, being that your phone is so old and apps these days require a lot of room, i'm not surprised. you can get a sd card and have it formatted as internal.

......or you can look to get a newer device;)

Upvote 0
Thank you, can't afford it at 90 yrs old.
90? WOW...........you are amazing. my mom is 69 years old and she has no clue on anything dealing with phones and computers. well i'm glad you found us, but still think either calling or going in to your carrier should at least fix your issue with your mobile network error. plus they can also help you with your storage issue as well.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
My Sony Experia mobile does not work as it says "mobile network not available".

It worked OK for the last 7 years, suddenly the phone says Mem.Error, delete some files from sd or internal storage.

How do I get mobile network as it was before?

First things first, the memory error.
I hope that in the 7 years you have had this phone that you have played with it!

Your phone is clogged with so much stuff that it can no longer function.

Hopefully, you have an SD card installed.

You need to use the File Manager (or similar) app on the phone to move your personal files (videos, pictures, pdf files, etc.) onto the SD card.

Generally, you make a folder on the SD card, and then put things into it. If you need a step by step I can do that, although I don't know your device. I can give you a general instruction on how to do it, and even a video of how it is done on my device.

Start with the largest files first- most file manager apps have the ability to list items by size.

Be sure that what you are moving is your files, and not something that is device related.

If this is all making sense, and is within your capability (you would be surprised to find out how many people that are 20 years old that can't do this), then continue on until the memory warning goes away.

It may take a while even after you have reached that point.

Now, being 7 years old, it is a possibility that your service provider has changed technology, therefore rendering your device unable to be used as a phone on their (and probably anyone else's) system.

If you have been a long time customer, they may offer you a free phone that is compatible to keep you as a customer. AT&T has done this for me multiple times.

If you use the camera on this device for pictures and videos, then be sure that its storage is set to be on the SD card.

A device that old is sure to have a deficiency in memory capacity.

In tech years, your phone is older than you are.
Unfortunately, if tech had a 'greatest generation', it is much older than your phone, in my opinion.

So, if you can navigate the file manager and move some files you should be able to at least get online with it via Wi-Fi, if you cannot use it on your network. So it is still useable in that respect.

Anything that you put onto the SD card can be easily transfered to a new device if need be.

Let me know if this helps at all, and if so I can help more, to free up more memory and see what can be done with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones