• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Help

Hi sainath,

You might be better off if you download an open source 3D (Open GL 1.3 complaint) engine that has been already ported to the android os...

A goods example would be Kwaak3 (Open arena port of Quake 3) for a start. I think it takes a lot of work to creat a brand spanking new 3d engine going from scratch. You could always "borrow" from the kwaak3 engine source code anyway since it is open source.

Cool

Let me know if i can help any other way.

Stinks Methinks!

Upvote 0
Hi sainath,

You might be better off if you download an open source 3D (Open GL 1.3 complaint) engine that has been already ported to the android os...

A goods example would be Kwaak3 (Open arena port of Quake 3) for a start. I think it takes a lot of work to creat a brand spanking new 3d engine going from scratch. You could always "borrow" from the kwaak3 engine source code anyway since it is open source.

Cool

Let me know if i can help any other way.

Stinks Methinks!

hey hi stinky
Thank you friend.........for giving me this information.

Today i am reading opengl-r-superbible-comprehensive-tutorial-and-reference-4th-edition
and my other project partner reading Mathematics_for_3D_Game_Programming_and_Computer_Graphics
is it ok na????????............

can you suggest me other opengl book for beginner of 3d game developer.....which is simple to understand.........

because opengl-r-superbible-comprehensive-tutorial-and-reference-4th-edition book is very hard to understand.......:)

Upvote 0
hey hi stinky
Thank you friend.........for giving me this information.

Today i am reading opengl-r-superbible-comprehensive-tutorial-and-reference-4th-edition
and my other project partner reading Mathematics_for_3D_Game_Programming_and_Computer_Graphics
is it ok na????????............

can you suggest me other opengl book for beginner of 3d game developer.....which is simple to understand.........

because opengl-r-superbible-comprehensive-tutorial-and-reference-4th-edition book is very hard to understand.......:)

That is the best book for OpenGL programming, however, You may also wish to check this one out:
Amazon.com: OpenGL Game Programming w/CD (Prima Tech's Game Development) (0086874533301): Kevin Hawkins, Dave Astle, Andre LaMothe: Books

It's a little old (from around hte time of DirectX 8), but it is still good none-the-less.

Also, keep in mind that Android uses OpenGL ES (Embedded Systems) rather than regular ol' OpenGL. It is basically the same aside from different packaging (Easily understood by reading the documentation) and the removal of a few Classes.

Reactions: sainath
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones