1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by melrose, Feb 6, 2011.

1. melrose

melrose Lurker

Hi,

I am looking for some insight or help into a situation that is occurring with my HTC Hero. Everything works perfectly fine until I am at the home of a friend. When I am there, my battery drains in a 3-4 hour period to the point of shutting down. I can charge my battery full prior to going there, but once there, in every instance, the battery drains and dies. This does not happen in my home, or anywhere else. Only at this certain home. I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of such a thing, or if there could be some environmental issues causing this that could potentially be dangerous for my friend. I have voiced my concern, and the evidence is there, but she seems to think I am over reacting because her cell phone does not lose the battery. Important to note is that she doe not have a smartphone, but an older phone. Please share any information or recommendations. I have done some research on this myself with little or no result. THANKS in advance! :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Steven58

Your phone is probably searching for a tower when you're at your friend's place... or it is constantly scanning for wifi, gps or whatnot.

Welcome btw. :)

3. melrose

melrose Lurker

Thanks for the welcome :)

Let me add, she has WiFi at her place and she has a condo in a subdivision. Not that I truly believe this is connected, but the last two owners of the condo attached to hers have died in the condo under 55 years of age (most recent resident died about 6 months ago). I am wondering if possibly these condos may be built over something, possibly a power grid or something that might be causing issues...I am probably reaching, but I wanted her to call and have her place checked out. My concern lies in that this is a highly populated area, I can't imagine towers are too far away, I always have about 90% signal there, and the fact that my phone doesn't do this anywhere else. I bring my daughter over there a lot and I am beginning to wonder what is going on, or if it has a simple explanation. Might never know I guess...thanks for your input :)

4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Systempanel or batteryleft widget are both great apps for monitoring this kind of behavior.

melrose likes this.
  5. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Welcome to the Android Forums!

melrose likes this.
  6. melrose

melrose Lurker

Thanks everyone for your comments :) I am just wondering, though, if it has nothing to do with my phone and everything to do with her place, specifically because it doesn't happen elsewhere. I will keep searching for answers until I am confident I have done all I could do to make sure it is nothing dangerous at her place! Appreciate any input :)

7. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

The key, I suspect, based on your previous input is what would drain your smartphones battery but not her feature phone battery? If her feature phone had a stronger cellular radio than it might be able to pull in a signal that your smartphone was having difficulty with.

melrose likes this.