• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

chippy30

Jan 6, 2011
i charged my phone last night until it was full, unpluged from charger at 3 a.m made sure nothing was running , internet off display turned down, i,ve just got up to find my battery back down to only 7% , i,ve looked at battery use and its got these , android os 92%, cell standby 4%
android sytem 4%, whats up with it and why so much adroid os being used,
i,ve switched phone off, leaving it a couple minutes, switched back on and now android os is only 30% and android system is 2% .

i charged my phone last night until it was full, unpluged from charger at 3 a.m made sure nothing was running , internet off display turned down, i,ve just got up to find my battery back down to only 7% , i,ve looked at battery use and its got these , android os 92%, cell standby 4%
android sytem 4%, whats up with it and why so much adroid os being used,
i,ve switched phone off, leaving it a couple minutes, switched back on and now android os is only 30% and android system is 2% .

Did you "power off" or actually "Restart" the phone?

I have posted so many posts about this, but Android OS is the amount of battery apps use by being in memory and being in use. Eventhough your apps haven't done anything, they are stored in your RAM.

Run a task-killer app, or "Restart" the phone (bottom option when you hold the power button and the home screen). This should dump your memory, and Android OS should go down.

Reason Android OS went down to 30%, is because after a "power off" or "Restart", the battery usage counter resets. So Android OS has used 30% of the battery since you started up the phone again. That's why the number changes like that :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones