1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hariganeshn, Apr 20, 2011.

1. hariganeshn

hariganeshn Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    I am planning to buy a smartphone,after long googling i found Xperia X8 and HTC wildfire suits my budget.please tell which is better?

Advertisement

2. karandpr

karandpr Android Expert

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    HTC wildfire is better option.it has plenty of Rom space,enough ram and 5mp cam.Plus plenty of custom mods available.LG Optimus One is also a good option ,it's cheaper and nice.

hariganeshn likes this.
  3. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member
    None

Wildfire is weakest on video playabck and games, it does not have Flash 10. Because These are not too important to me I really like mine. (i use email, internet, sat-nav, phone and camera)

Have you looked at the new Wildfire S or the Orange San Francisco?

hariganeshn likes this.
  4. hariganeshn

hariganeshn Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    well i think wildfire s has got a solution for the problem with games and playback with HVGA display

5. karandpr

karandpr Android Expert

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    It depends upon your priority,
    HTC is a developer's dream,many of the custom mods are made for HTC phones.
    But HTC Wildfire has a slow processor.
    SE has timescape and display looks good.(Seriously SE has poor budget level phones)
    Samsung has fine hardware at lower rates.But the less I say about custom mods,the better.If you are not into flashing roms and just want a smartphone
    Samsung phones are a nice choice.
    LG has Fine hardware and is quite a favorite,while not as popular as HTC,there are quite a few custom mods out there.LG is a nice option.
    :)

hariganeshn likes this.
  6. hariganeshn

hariganeshn Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    wildfire S not yet released in India.It's good to wait and go for S model with more features right?but flash player support not found in wildfire models

7. karandpr

karandpr Android Expert

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    True Wildfire S is not available in India.
    Only Cortex Processors Having V7 instructions have flash and AIR support.Those are phones with speed above 1Ghz definately not in budget category.:)
    No Wildfire S is just wildfire with faster proc.At it's release,LG , Samsung and Sony will be ready with the new line :eek:
    And the thumb rule for basic Android smartphone is 600 Mhz and 256 MB RAM (For now)is enough.Any phone with more than that is ok .
    The threshold of budget smartphone is Rs 11500.Dont spend more money on phones just offering faster processors. (If you are getting faster proc in cheaper model , go for it ;) )(800 Mhz with V6 is same as 600 Mhz with V6,no flash in both of them)
    Basically a 2-3 month old model offers best Value for money cos it's stabilized by then.
    Hold your breath till june-july Q2,for the gingerbread models will pour in the market.(Maybe you will get a nice deal on a cortex phone :D )

hariganeshn likes this.
  8. hariganeshn

hariganeshn Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Do the s model be launched in India?also looked into smartphones with faster processors for flash support but they are too costly.i too think the price will fall in about 3-4 months.

Tags: