1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bookosaurus, May 21, 2011.

1. Bookosaurus

Bookosaurus Lurker

I am having an issue and I have no clue what happened. The battery had died on my phone today and after that happened, I've lost a ton of my contacts. Basically it looks like the ones I've lost are those that were only with a phone number that were in my contact list from my prev phones. The only contacts I have in my list are those thru sync with other siteI can't seem to find them on the phone and I've tried using Verizon's backup assistant as well to restore them (with no luck). Of course I have no other backup since the Verizon one was supposedly the only one that i would need.

I've tried checking my settings, and rebooting the phone a couple of time. I really wish I knew what I did so I can fix it. I really don't want to have to do a total wipe and restore.

Any help would be appreciated. I have not rooted my phone and currently I'm not planning on rooting it.

Thank you!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ddemlong

ddemlong Well-Known Member

All your contacts generally automatically sync through Gmail. Have you tried to re-sync with your Gmail account?

3. Bookosaurus

Bookosaurus Lurker

I hadn't had that set up (didn't know I could :( and really wish I had ) but I had done some more looking and had done an export of a cvs file from my list on Verizon, then imported into gmail. That worked thankfully.

So, now my contacts also sync to gmail as well as Verizon.

Thank you for the suggestion!! :)

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews