1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

help!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by rebekah668, May 23, 2011.

1. rebekah668

rebekah668 Lurker

I posted on another thread, I was hoping to get additional help as well!! I upgraded on Verizon last week to the Droid Charge... and I trying it out... I have about a week left. I need to know if I should hold out just a little longer for the next big thing. I like the Charge, but I was reading that it will probably be awhile before the 2.2 is upgraded to gingerbread. Is this correct?

Thanks!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Steven58

Welcome! Probably true. Samsung is notorious with Vz updates.

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Welcome to the Android Forums!

The big question that I like to ask is "does the phone do what you want it to do"? Are there functions that you need that the phone cannot support? Or are you interested in simply having the biggest and best phone?

Steven is correct... GB will be a while in coming to any/all Samsung devices. Unfortunately Samsung tends to be somewhat slow in releasing updates. Is there something in Gingerbread that you need right now?

4. rebekah668

rebekah668 Lurker

Thank you both! I think it's just an obsession with having the newest thing, which is almost impossible to do. So, I think I will just stick with this phone because it is pretty amazing and I don't particularly know anything that gingerbread has that I need. This phone does everything I need it to. Thank you for calming my ridiculous freak out. :) Have a wonderful day!!

5. Steven58

well, don't forget that rooting will bring you closer to any rom you want, ok? :) :)

6. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Hello and Welcome to Android Forums!!

7. rebekah668

rebekah668 Lurker

I don't know what rooting is or how to do it....

8. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Rooting a smartphone is basically assigning administrator level access to the phone. From there you can change themes, remove bloatware apps provided by the carrier, and do all sorts of other things to the core of the OS. For more info on Rooting your Charge, check out...

Charge - All Things Root - Android Forums