• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I bought a Samsung captivate from a friend that left the country, I was messing around with the lock codes and I can't remember the last I used, now its asking me for the Gmail account, but the email account its still my friends I'm guessing, is there any way I can reset my phone? I don't care if everything gets erased!! Thanks a lot!!

I bought a Samsung captivate from a friend that left the country, I was messing around with the lock codes and I can't remember the last I used, now its asking me for the Gmail account, but the email account its still my friends I'm guessing, is there any way I can reset my phone? I don't care if everything gets erased!! Thanks a lot!!

If I'm understanding you correctly, you can't get in the phone to even get to settings>privacy>reset to reset the phone?

If that's the case you may be able to boot your phone into recovery mode, then "delete all user data". If that doesn't work then you would have to take more drastic measures. Default disclaimer applies, I'm not responsible if you break your phone. ;)

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones