• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I rooted my nexus...did not install a custom rom...Installed netarchy kernel and now it is stuck on the start screen. I did not back up my rom because it was stock. I can reboot into recovery but there is no file to extract...the memory card is internal...Is there a program i can run on pc that will either start the phone over or remove this kernel without my phone having to have boot up? Like can i do it from clockwork recovery screen? Please help...my phone is useless right now!!!

I rooted my nexus...did not install a custom rom...Installed netarchy kernel and now it is stuck on the start screen. I did not back up my rom because it was stock. I can reboot into recovery but there is no file to extract...the memory card is internal...Is there a program i can run on pc that will either start the phone over or remove this kernel without my phone having to have boot up? Like can i do it from clockwork recovery screen? Please help...my phone is useless right now!!!

Are you able to get into the bootloader by holding up volume and pressing the power button?

If you are able to get into CW Recovery then you can reflash the stock ROM. There is a link for it here. The GRJ22 Stock Rooted ROM is what you're looking for or now would be a great time to try out a couple of others if you're interested in exploring. So far I've tried mikeyinid's and deck; between the two mikeyinid's was easier to set up and was dead stable but deck's has some battery saving features built into it that I wanted to try.

There are also instructions for going back to stock if that's what you want to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones