• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TwinTim

Lurker
Aug 10, 2011
Last night I got cyanogen mod 7 from rom manager. I rooted my phone with unrevoked like 4 months ago. I just rooted my phone for wireless tether, but I wanted to experiment with roms flashing and whatever, I dont really know a lot. So, I got this cyanogen mod because I've heard good things about it, but when it installed... it wouldn't load. The blue cirlcle thing just kept looping and restarting. I let that go all night cause I fell asleep. So I did the boot loader, and am not sure what exactly is the best action to take. I'm ok with doing a factory reset, but when i tried that there is the rom manager top hat with an orange circle and that's been there for 3 hours now. Please help. i just want o erase everything I did with cyanogen and I'm ok with Factory reset, but I cant do it. Thanks

You always do a factory reset when you do a full wipe within recovery, it's just called "wipe data" instead. If you want to avoid losing your current setup, do a nandroid backup ahead of the rom flash. So the best route IMO is to power down the phone, then hold volume down while pressing the power button for hboot. Use volume key to scroll to recovery, then press power button to enter custom recovery.

Assuming it's clockwork, wipe data, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik (advanced menu), then install zip from SD card, choose zip from SD card, navigate to your Rom and install. Directly after that, install the Google Apps zip, then reboot to system and enjoy Cyanogen.

Notes:
You can find the Cyanogen zip in the Clockwork folder > download > download.cyanogenmod.com folder.

You can find gapps in the goo-inside.me folder (gotta love them boys' sense of humor).

Important: In Clockwork, the trackpad button SELECTS an item and the power button brings you backward one menu. This is different from hboot where the power button is the select key.

Upvote 0
It is in clockwork, thanks for the replies.

"Assuming it's clockwork, wipe data, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik (advanced menu), then install zip from SD card, choose zip from SD card, navigate to your Rom and install. Directly after that, install the Google Apps zip, then reboot to system and enjoy Cyanogen."

... when I press "wipe data/ factory reset" or "wipe cache" or "advanced" it does nothing. It shows the clockwork screen with the top hat and the orange cirle arrow and does nothing. Its been on this screen for 3 hours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones