• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tyler21

Lurker
Jun 25, 2011
Ok, I'm a complete newb with the rooting process but decided try it out anyways. Now im stuck in the middle of the process and im not sure what to do. I'm following the step by step instruction from toms-world.org to install gummycharged gbe from stock. Now I'm stuck on step 12,for those familiar, and it keeps saying 0817_charge_recovery.tar.md5 is invalid. Any suggestions asap would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Yeah, because you have to UNZIP the file I linked to. I ZIPed the file to save space on the server and to make the download smaller.

I compress my downloads using either ZIP, ZIPX, or 7ZIP to make my downloads smaller for faster downloads.

Personally, if you don't know to UNZIP a file then you should simply back out and forget about rooting the phone. Rooting the phone requires skills that quite frankly I don't think you have.

Upvote 0
Ok, I'm a complete newb with the rooting process but decided try it out anyways. Now im stuck in the middle of the process and im not sure what to do. I'm following the step by step instruction from toms-world.org to install gummycharged gbe from stock. Now I'm stuck on step 12,for those familiar, and it keeps saying 0817_charge_recovery.tar.md5 is invalid. Any suggestions asap would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Below are my vids... maybe you can find what you need in there

rooting to Gummy 2.1

Let me know if you need any more help.

Dave

kraisydave's Channel - YouTube

Twitter @kraisydave

Everyone deserves to get the most out of their phone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones