• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Yeah you know like calibrate the phone so when I touch the a button Im not hitting the q button.

looks like somebody is coming from a palm pilot:eek: i remeber those days calibrating once a month to get the stylus to hit the right area.

As far as i know for touch screens on android and iPhone, no calibration is needed because it doesnt sense presure it senses heat i think.

Upvote 0
They use capacitane not heat!

Resistive screens needed calibrating way back because the resistive sensor was a seperate layer on top of the screen. That means they couldnt be sure that it would line up perfectly through the manufacture process.

Newer screens embed this into the main screen module so you dont have this problem.

The HTC keyboard calibration is more of a way to compensate for the way you press the keys. Some people use the tip, some people use one side, some use the middle etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones