• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help!!!!!

tuggyb2

Lurker
Dec 27, 2011
im new to this, i used the revolutionary s-off stuff and that worked and then i used the cyanogen mod7 and when it booted it just was the skateboarding android and it wouldnt do anything other than show that. i did make a back up and restored it and now it works normal, but how do i get the mod to work?

im new to this, i used the revolutionary s-off stuff and that worked and then i used the cyanogen mod7 and when it booted it just was the skateboarding android and it wouldnt do anything other than show that. i did make a back up and restored it and now it works normal, but how do i get the mod to work?

Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm going to move you to the "All Things Root section" for the Evo 4G

Upvote 0

If you made it to the skateboard screen then it probably should have worked OK. How long did you give it? First boots on a new rom can take awhile. Also what recovery do you have? Amon ra is the best one and I would highly recommend it. Stay away from rom manager. Did you flash the rom manually in recovery?

Upvote 0
Once you flashed and rebooted it went to the screen with Andy riding a skateboard. Did this screen have some text you could select to get to recovery and such or was it the boot animation for CM7?
I wonder if the flash was unsuccessful and it went straight to hboot.

I believe the Op made it to the animation and just didn't wait long enough. It can take up to 30 minutes to fully boot up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones