1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Help!!!

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by plays2, Apr 29, 2012.

1. plays2

plays2 Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2012
    alright now i might be in the wrong section....but i need some help developing my app. I've made iphone,ipad,and windows phone apps before but now ive decided to begin developing for android also. i'm just looking to create a SIMPLE app, a soundboard. very easy, or so i thought. After searching around the internet for days i've resulted to asking the forums. Ive found little templates and such that work with like, froyo, but i want to make a soundboard for ics using eclipse indigo. How can i link a button up to a sound file, and make it so when you press it once, it plays, and when you press it again, it stops? again i need this to work with the latest version of eclipse. the little templates i found dont work with the lates version of eclipse. idk why/: thanks for the help. If this is the wrong section please tell me where i should post this. im new to the forums :) haha

Advertisement

2. wubbzy

wubbzy Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 19, 2011
    *nix kernel's by day
    Silicon Valley
    Work with media player

MediaPlayer | Android Developers

do this in onClick of your button:
    mp = MediaPlayer.create(Test.this, R.raw.mysound);
    mp.start();

you'd also need to put sound file under a directory res/raw. If 'raw' does not exist create it and put the sound file in there.

have fun.