1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zetroc, May 4, 2012.

1. zetroc

zetroc Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 3, 2010
    Male
    Association Management
    Iowa City, IA
    So, I'm by no means a developer. Merely an amateur Android lover who decided to root his XOOM LTE because I have no patience.

Got it unlocked and rooted using Universal Root but after I flashed EOS it loads up to the welcome/setup screen:

-The first time I hit next, and it brought me to the lock screen, won't actually let me unlock it. I keep sliding the lock over and nothing. Reinstalled.
    -Second time it let me connect to the WiFi, got to the date/time and locked. Did the same as before.
    -Third time, I hit next and it got to the WiFi screen and was scanning and locked. Back to the lock screen, can't unlock it.

Is there something I can/should do?

Also, I did this without thinking about it, and that's my fault, and shame be on me, but if I am rooted, can I access my purchased Google content? I know my Inc running CM7 can't play Google Play Movies. If this will be the case, I want to revert back to stock, locked, and unrooted, how do I go back?

Sorry if this is making your roll your eyes, I understand, and trust me, I'm an idiot! Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Advertisement

2. zetroc

zetroc Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 3, 2010
    Male
    Association Management
    Iowa City, IA
    Turns out that issue was happening because the SIM card wasn't inserted.

This still leaves me with the problem I hadn't thought of and that is that purchased content (such as movies) are not viewable on the device because it is rooted. Where can I find instructions on how to go back to stock/unrooted/locked? Thanks in advance!

3. daltekkie

daltekkie Well-Known Member
    None

May 1, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    The sticky at the top of the All Things Root page has instructions on how to un-root.

zetroc likes this.