1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Xt51, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Xt51

Xt51 Android Enthusiast

Does anyone know how to safely remove the Lg Motion from a computer when it is connected to one? I just keep removing it and have started to notice that my sd card is beginning to mess up. Ive tried doing it through the computer but my phone just comes up as an mp3 player...any help would be appreciated!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Muilisx

Muilisx Android Expert

I usually just unplug it, I never notice any issues.

3. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

In explorer just right click on the drive letter assigned to the phones storage and click eject.
    You should never unplug a usb storage device without ejecting it first because if any files are open you'll corrupt the device.

4. Xt51

Xt51 Android Enthusiast

uhh i cant find it..every time i plug the phone in through USB my phone comes up as a Portable media player.

5. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Android Expert

I may be off base here but does your pooder have the Motion drivers installed? If not, maybe that's why it thinks it's a mp3 player.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

6. Ray305

Ray305 Well-Known Member

I'm currently running Windows 8 and the phone appears as an MP3 player as well. I installed the drivers and the phone's USB mode is set to "charge only" so I'm guessing that it's supposed to appear like that.

7. ninjasinabag

ninjasinabag Android Enthusiast

Nooooo, its supposed to change depending on what usb mode you have it set to. I have adb and motion drivers installed, when charge mode is set my motion reads as android phone, mtp shows up a mp3 player the third option is the lg software installer and the camera selection is sorta self explanitory.

Delete then reinstall the drivers from the phone, youre corrupting your memory by accident, i had this issue on my admire for a little bit.

8. Ray305

Ray305 Well-Known Member

I reinstalled the drivers, but it still appears as portable media player LG-MS770 when in USB mode "charge only". I have access to the internal storage and to the SD card so it doesn't really bother me. It's either supposed to appear like that or the drivers aren't optimized for Windows 8.

9. Xt51

Xt51 Android Enthusiast

Yes i do have the programs installed on my "pooder" haha, but it always just shows up as a portable media player...no matter what i have it set on my phone. The only time it does not show up as a media player is when i have it in camera mode but other then that nothing

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews