• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Do you mean assign mp3 as ringtones?

If so, you need to go to the Android Market and download Tone Picker :)
you dont need to do that at all.

you can go into your music files via mediascape, find the song you want and then press the menu button (bottom left button on the phone) then you'll see the option of set as ringtone.
simples

Reactions: lekky
Upvote 0
you dont need to do that at all.

you can go into your music files via mediascape, find the song you want and then press the menu button (bottom left button on the phone) then you'll see the option of set as ringtone.
simples

Hi
thanks for the advice , i have done as you suggested already but that only does the ringtone. I am after setting my selection as the text notification tone , but am unable to do this.

Thanks
Tim

Upvote 0
Or you can just connect your phone to your PC so you can access the memory card.

* Create a folder called audio (if it's not already there).
* Under that, create 3 folders called 'alarms', 'notifications' and 'ringtones' (don't put the single quotes!).
* Put any MP3 files you want to use in the respective folders (for incoming text messages put them in the notifications folder).
* Then under the system settings, when you chose your tone, the ones you've included in these folders should also appear in the list.

Reactions: timg
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones