1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELP!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Twinsforus, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Twinsforus

Twinsforus Lurker

I just got a Huawei H866C (ascend) from straight talk. I had a galaxy proclaim and loved it till it would not charge (4mos old). I have spent at least 6 hours on the phone with customer service trying to get this silly replacement and i am already frustrated with the phone after 24 hrs. It keeps crashing (loading screen - not sure what it is loading) I have had to take the battery out 3x just to get it to unfreeze. I moved my apps to my sd card (8gb) and still get low memory (cleared Cache) there is stuff on here that i will not use and it is very difficult to get things loaded. I have seen many people talk about 'root' but i dont know anything about that so I am completely at a loss as to what to do about this phone. I am not sure it is worth wasting another 6-8 hrs of my life fighting to get a new phone from straight talk but i really dont want to spend more money since I only got 4 mos out of the last phone (150)
    Any Advice is appreciated- :thinking:

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Hello and welcome, Twinsforus. :)

Your device should function normally without having to remove apps via rooting. Some users do root so they can unclutter the system a bit and do a few other things, but it should not be a necessary procedure just to have a working phone.

I'd return any device that did not work right at the beginning, as long as I was completely sure that I had not installed something that could be causing the issues.

There are things you can do in an effort to remedy the freezes, etc, but why keep a defective device? Was it new or did you get a refurbished phone with no warranty of any kind?

Try shutting down the device, removing the SIM card and sd card and battery, then putting it all back in and doing a factory data reset. Maybe that will clear up the issues.

But my first choice is to have it replaced, irrespective of the hassles involved. ;)

Twinsforus likes this.
  3. Twinsforus

Twinsforus Lurker

I would hope that the weather channel - candy crush and kindle apps would not cause a problem since I had a ton more than that on my previous phone :)
    THanks for your input

4. fawn88

fawn88 Lurker

I also went from the Galaxy Proclaim the the Ascend Y when the pixels in my proclaim went out. I LOVED that phone. Now, I try to open facebook even and the whole screen goes black and than closes the app itself. The Proclaim had SO MUCH storage. I knew about the lack of internal storage when I got the phone from reading other reviews, but I did not realize it was going to be this bad. Even with sending all my apps to my SD card, except the ones that I needed on the phone (YOUVERSION), it still says the memory is low and wont let me open my apps.

5. Chessjunkie

Chessjunkie Lurker

I just posted a tip thread that you can try to help with your memory issues, if you have not rooted your phone

Huawei Ascend Y300 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews