1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HELP!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Twinsforus, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Twinsforus

Twinsforus Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2013
    Female
    Driver/Cook
    OHIO
    I just got a Huawei H866C (ascend) from straight talk. I had a galaxy proclaim and loved it till it would not charge (4mos old). I have spent at least 6 hours on the phone with customer service trying to get this silly replacement and i am already frustrated with the phone after 24 hrs. It keeps crashing (loading screen - not sure what it is loading) I have had to take the battery out 3x just to get it to unfreeze. I moved my apps to my sd card (8gb) and still get low memory (cleared Cache) there is stuff on here that i will not use and it is very difficult to get things loaded. I have seen many people talk about 'root' but i dont know anything about that so I am completely at a loss as to what to do about this phone. I am not sure it is worth wasting another 6-8 hrs of my life fighting to get a new phone from straight talk but i really dont want to spend more money since I only got 4 mos out of the last phone (150)
    Any Advice is appreciated- :thinking:

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Hello and welcome, Twinsforus. :)

Your device should function normally without having to remove apps via rooting. Some users do root so they can unclutter the system a bit and do a few other things, but it should not be a necessary procedure just to have a working phone.

I'd return any device that did not work right at the beginning, as long as I was completely sure that I had not installed something that could be causing the issues.

There are things you can do in an effort to remedy the freezes, etc, but why keep a defective device? Was it new or did you get a refurbished phone with no warranty of any kind?

Try shutting down the device, removing the SIM card and sd card and battery, then putting it all back in and doing a factory data reset. Maybe that will clear up the issues.

But my first choice is to have it replaced, irrespective of the hassles involved. ;)

Twinsforus likes this.
  3. Twinsforus

Twinsforus Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2013
    Female
    Driver/Cook
    OHIO
    I would hope that the weather channel - candy crush and kindle apps would not cause a problem since I had a ton more than that on my previous phone :)
    THanks for your input

4. fawn88

fawn88 Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2013
    I also went from the Galaxy Proclaim the the Ascend Y when the pixels in my proclaim went out. I LOVED that phone. Now, I try to open facebook even and the whole screen goes black and than closes the app itself. The Proclaim had SO MUCH storage. I knew about the lack of internal storage when I got the phone from reading other reviews, but I did not realize it was going to be this bad. Even with sending all my apps to my SD card, except the ones that I needed on the phone (YOUVERSION), it still says the memory is low and wont let me open my apps.

5. Chessjunkie

Chessjunkie Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2013
    I just posted a tip thread that you can try to help with your memory issues, if you have not rooted your phone