1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by enorrick, Dec 6, 2013.

1. enorrick

enorrick Newbie

I have A Galaxy s2 SCH-R760x and I have it rooted but i have been searching threads for about a month trying to find out if there is anything else i can do .
    like roms or kernels maybe even overclocking if someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated . oh i dont know if it helps but i got the phone through altell.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Overclocking most phones more than about 6%-10% will result in buying a new phone, and the increase in app speed you get from that amount of overclocking seldom makes any difference in cellphone apps.

As far as ROMs, why? So you can say you run one? Is bricking your phone worth that? So you can get features not available for your phone in any other way? Features that you're actually going to use? Then look around and se what ROMS are available for your phone and what they give you.

3. enorrick

enorrick Newbie

Im notnew to this and really dont care about the over clocking. I just thought if i throw it ot ther might get someone to respond snd "help:"

4. bobnaga

bobnaga Lurker

Okay. Is your phone the generic non CDMA version? Go to about phone in settings and look at the baseband version. It'll say either ff24 or gb28 depending on if you updated to Android 4.1 or not

If this IS your phone, your just burnt. I've had this phone for a year and ahalf now, and it's either rare or unpopular enough that nobody's done anything with it.

The best you can do is put agat recovery on it and leave the yellow triangle. If you don't, you just won't have arecovery... there aren't any roms for it. Ive been looking since day one.

There's just nothing out there for this phone. But, hey, you'll be able todelete the crapware if you keep a recovery and yellow triangle. Shoot me an email if you want, I have all the info ifound for rooting and such on my phone.

You can check out setcpu. It'll get you up to the 1200mhz this thing is supposed to be able to do, but no actual OVER clock...

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews