1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help!

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I finally managed to sort out transferring most of my data from my iphone 5 to my brand new sgs4.
    Unfortunately, after transferring all of my music, contacts and photos, when I went to transfer my movies and tv shows from itunes (via drag and drop on android file transfer for mac) they would sync onto my phone but display a message saying 'Sorry, this video cannot be played.'

Any help as to how to get these videos onto my phone (SD card to be precise) would be much appreciated!

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Are the files on the SD card now, or do they refuse to copy?

If they refuse to copy, they're DRM-protected. You bought the right to have them on one device and that's your iPhone.

If they're on the SD card and just won't play, what type of files are they? (The part in the name after the dot?)

3. rmjwsgs4

rmjwsgs4 Lurker
    None

Jan 21, 2014
    Posted this message when I was still a guest.

The files are .m4v files

Any help suggesting how I could get them on my phone, or how i could transfer them to the correct kind of file would be much appreciated.

Furthermore, there are some songs on my iTunes that are DRM protected that I would like to put on my SGS4. Any way to put them on?

Lastly, whenever I go to write a text and start to type in a name, it comes up with 2 versions of the same name, sometimes 3 and sometimes even 4! Any way I could change this?!

4. rmjwsgs4

rmjwsgs4 Lurker
    None

Jan 21, 2014
    To make things much easier, what are some apps that I could use to sync my SGS4 with my iTunes?
    I tried using kies but half my music/photos wouldnt transfer which was a pain. As well as that, none of my movies would go into keys so I couldn't transfer them. Another problem with keys is that it didn't give me the option to sync music or videos, only contacts and calendar. Help me please!

5. rickpcb

rickpcb Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 11, 2012
    Male
    St Augustine, FL