1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

help!

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Please help! I have been trying to remove these apps on my new android note 2... it takes up more than half of my storage. And I cant install apps I really want... n how does rooting your device like ive heard work? What does root your device mean? Any help would be GREATLY appriciated! :/

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Running mountain resort accommodation & a laundry
    Les Gets, France
    Hi and welcome

Regardig rooting, see this FAQ post

http://androidforums.com/faqs/443432-what-root-being-rooted-mean.html

Re your note2: A new note 2 16gb should have about 10.5 to 11gb available for the user to use for apps and data (plus an SD card for data if you have one). The rest of the 16gb is used up by the files which form the Android OS and the factory installed apps. Most of it is the OS. The factory apps can be "disabled" which stops them from using RAM and from creating data files, so if you dont want to use them,

menu button
    manage apps
    go to the "all" tab at the top
    scroll to the app
    press clear cache, clear data and disable (in that order)

If you root the phone you can actually remove these apps but its not that much use and not a good enough reason for rooting. There are good reasons for some people, but its not for everyone.

Hope this helps. Do ask again if yo have more questions. If you register you will be able to reply to this and also post in the Note2 forum where more people will be able to help :)

Roger