1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by N00B101, Jan 3, 2016.

1. N00B101

N00B101 Lurker

Hello everyone,

I have recently tried to un root my 2013 ASUS nexus 7 using nexus root toolkit and I'm having issues. I think the process could of somehow got interrupted but now all I get is the Google screen with the lock at the bottom.

I was careful to read the options but I wouldn't discount the possibility that I have accidentally flashed the wrong version of the files.

I got a "too many links" error during the un rooting process. After some googling this could have been because the USB connection was loose therefore breaking the data connection at a bad time?!

I can't boot into recovery (I have tried the volume and power buttons).

I have attached a couple of images displaying what info I have. My laptop seems to recognise the device in some capacity (see picture) and that coupled with the fact it does turn on I am taking to be hopefully a sign that it's not totally bricked!

EDIT: When switched off and plugged in the charging icon is functioning too.

Consider me a newbie with very limited android experience.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Attached Files:

#1 N00B101, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Madbat, Jan 5, 2016 (1 points)
  3. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Boot the tablet to fastboot/bootloader. From powered off, hold power+volume down.
    Then plug in and, in wugs toolkit, run the flash stock+unroot with the "soft bricked/bootloop option checked.
    It will recognize the tab when its in bootloader/fastboot mode.

mydian, svim and N00B101 like this.
  4. N00B101

N00B101 Lurker

It worked... thank you so much!

mydian likes this.
  5. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Glad you got it.

Nexus 7 (2013) Forum

The Nexus 7 (2013) release date was July 2013. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 3950mAh battery.

July 2013
Release Date
Reviews