• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Helping a friend with a Droid

sprtsfanmm

Aug 18, 2010
Just to start let me say I have an X and have it rooted running ZapX. I am trying to help a friend install a custom ROM on her droid however it seems I have encountered a problem.

The ROM had been downloading, but when I boot into recovery using CWR, there is no option to create a backup or install from SD. Is there something I am missing?

No it won't. It would in ROM Manager, but not Clockwork. It would just lay the ROM on top of the existing ones without wiping data and you could get a lot of conflicts. Make a backup, then wipe data/factory reset, THEN install ROM from SD card.

Ideally, you would also wipe boot and system from within ClockworkMod's partition menu. I don't know why ROM Manager doesn't have this option as a checkbox to mark off yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones