• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Helping Rooting Samsung Phone

Hello all,

I am new too this forum as well as the wonderful world of Android. I have been hearing people talking about "rooting" their phones. I have the Samsung Moment with Android 2.1 installed and would like someone to help me step by step for rooting my phone to the Radioactive Froyo if I have this correct. If someone out there on the forum has the time to help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: GeminiSparkles
Ok after a few hours of reading and learning how to root I did it myself as I am pretty technical savy, was scared of bricking my phone as the cell phone world flashing is new to me. I installed custom ROM from SDX developers 2.2.2 with a custom kernal all is good and the phone seems to run much more smoother and faster. Its like the moment is breathing new life....wish I rooted this thing from the beginning. :D

Reactions: GeminiSparkles
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones