• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root helppp!

kaaybee2013

Aug 14, 2012
I've used the HTCdev method, and I have my bootloader unlocked.
It says
***UNLOCKED***
SUPERSONIC EVT3 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-2.18.0001
I've only wanted to do this to be able to screenshot.
Well after the process of unlocking the bootloader, I don't know what else to do.
I even installed the amon ra 2.3.
But I'm completely lost and I really need a good & easy guide to do this.
I've been working on this for houuuursss!

It says
***UNLOCKED***
HBOOT-2.18.0001
Well after the process of unlocking the bootloader, I don't know what else to do.
There just happens to be one:D
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-rooting-gingerbread-2-3-5-dummies-guide.html

Upvote 0
It says
***UNLOCKED***
HBOOT-2.18.0001
Welcome to AF and congrats on unlocking bootloader.
I assume you are still on stock rom?
To take screenshots you either need and app or a custom rom such as MikG which has the option to press an hold power then tap the home button to take screenshot.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I would say your at this point.

if you want to just stay on the stock rom, but you want it rooted then here is what you will need to do(not really sure why you would want to as there are many roms that are waaaaaay better then stock. the latest mikg for example is amazing!!!). the su file is not a rom. it allows access to rooted apps to the system partitions.

stay on stock

you will need the latest su(superapp) found here:
Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip just flash that in recovery and you will have a rooted stock rom:
1.download and move the su file to the root of your sd card that means not in any folder. it just needs to be on your card.
2.go into recovery (power off, make sure fastboot is unabled, and then press and hold power+vol down)
3.select flash zip from sdcard
4.navigate to your su file by using the vol up and down button and select it with the power button.
5.once done, reboot. now you have a rooted stock rom:D

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Alright, I downloaded the superuser thing, do I extract it, or do I leave it how it is?
leave it as a zip, place it on the sd card then reboot into recovery find the menu item that says flash zip from sdcard choose the zip you downloaded and let it do its thing when its done reboot and you should have super user which will allow you to have root privileges

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I downloaded the rom manager from the market and downloaded miui and I need to know how to undo it. I want it to go back to how the phone comes before you mess with it.
Dont use rom manager to flash roms...its buggy.
Do it all via recovery.

The guide that new optimus posted will help you in how to flash roms etc.
Just scroll down to, I believe it is post 2.
:D
Briefly, you download rom to computer, transfer to sd card, wipe all except sd card 3 times and flash rom.
Thats the brief version. Just remember to make a backup first in case anything goes wonky.
Nandroid backups are also made in recovery.
Wiping is done in recovery.
Flashing is done in recovery.
Fixing stuff is done in recovery.
See how recovery is your best friend?

Upvote 0
well how do I get rid of the one I downloaded??

well hopefully you made a nandroid backup. you can just restore the previous one. if you did not make one (you should have. just remember that nandroid backups are your friend). all you need to do is flash another rom.

edit:the one you downloaded is probably on your card somewhere. i'm not sure where rom manager puts the download files.

Reactions: kaaybee2013
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones