1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HELPPPP!!!!! Failed rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fordrulesall, Jul 24, 2011.

1. fordrulesall

fordrulesall Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    So ive been reading up on how to root my sprint htc hero and I decided to give it a go today. I had used z4 to root it, downloaded ROM Manager, and I had Downloaded a ROM called regaw. I went through the processes of installing the ROM and everything seemed to be going fairly well. Then when it restarted the htc logo came up for about a minute or two then the Regawmod logo came up and never went away. I tried resetting the phone plenty of times, and the same exact thing happened. I had erased a lot or different things which I had read up on other forums to get the phone back to running properly again. Now my phone turns on and has the htc logo and does nothing else. Now all I'm looking is to just have my phone back to factory settings. Forgive the ignorance I am completely new to this I just wanted to do a little more with my phone. All of your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    work for the man.
    TEXAS
    Sounds like you have clockwork recovery installed. I don't know the hero phone at all. You could have had a bad download of the rom you wanted. You missed step one in the flashing process though, ALWAYS MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST. If you did you wouldn't be here.

With that said, pull your sdcard, download the ROM you want using your computer place that ROM .zip on the root of the sdcard. Boot into recovery (HTC phones are normaly vol down and power). Wipe everything data, cache, devlak then flash that .zip. you should be good after that.

Tags: