• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Helpppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllppppppp
my android htc desire hd got stolen it has no security apps like plan b etc and athe gps system was not turned on via thephone plus no wifi would be present to download plan b etc and it still has its sim card and battery althogh the battery would die after 24 hours or so, so i need urgent help please

You may be able to push Plan B to it if the cellular data connection is live: go to play.google.com on a computer, log in using your gmail account, select the app and install it. However, Plan B only works on OS versions up to 2.3, so this may not work if you've updated beyond that. I don't know of another that will work without setup though, which is what is required here.

Otherwise the best you can do is report it to the police and your network. Then you can get the phone barred so that it becomes useless to the thief (at least as a phone) and the SIM cancelled so they can't run up bills on your account. And change you account passwords, because you don't want the thief to have access to your email etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones