• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Here are Eris update changes

Oh, thanks. I was hoping that this was the 2.0 update. I have the Moto and my wife has the HTC. The voice navigation was the first thing I looked for on her phone after the update. Guess she'll be waiting a bit longer.

There are apps that will give her voice navigation now. I use Nav4All, I'm sure there are others. So she doesn't HAVE to wait to have it, it just won't be a built in app on the phone.

Upvote 0
I do not understand the "while on a call, press end twice" upgrade.
anyone see a change here or know what is going on?

The end button is what is used to take the phone out of sleep mode (i.e., turn the screen on)... when you're on a call, the same button is used to end the call... so if you're using a headset or bluetooth and the screen has gone blank, if you wanted to turn it on you'd have to hit the end button, which would also end the call... now you have to hit the end button once to take the phone out of sleep mode, and another time to end the call.

I know I was inadvertently hanging up on people left and right before this update...

Upvote 0
The end button is what is used to take the phone out of sleep mode (i.e., turn the screen on)... when you're on a call, the same button is used to end the call... so if you're using a headset or bluetooth and the screen has gone blank, if you wanted to turn it on you'd have to hit the end button, which would also end the call... now you have to hit the end button once to take the phone out of sleep mode, and another time to end the call.

I know I was inadvertently hanging up on people left and right before this update...

ok, that makes sense. thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones