• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Here are the problems I have with the phone so far,

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Battery life sucks. After 10 minutes its down to 93%. If its a bug FINE, it still needs to be addressed.

2. Call quality is subpar. Not talking about the bars. I have 3 phones here and all get better reception. I even have a network extender but still get missed calls.

3. Brightness doesnt change when you walk into sunlight. The phone becomes unusable in the sunlight unless you manually turn the brightness all the way up. The automatic setting doesnt do ANYTHING. The original droid changes automatically, why doesnt the incredible. Dont tell me I have to change my settings everytime I step outside and then change them back to conserve battery life.

4. Landscape screen has no send option? Why should I have to change the phone back just to hit send?

5. No space after autocomplete

6. Camera glass protector is already loose

7. Case squeaks when holding the phone. Backing is the cheapest plastic ever

8. Numerous POP and IMAP glitches.

9. Phone continues to tell me I havnt read some texts after I go through them all.

10. Picking up another phone call while on the phone disconnects you with the 1st caller. Even when it works sometimes when you hang up the second call your brought back to your homescreen forcing you to open up the phone and hit call in progress just to end the call.

Go ahead and complain im complaining. I paid a lot for the phone and there are a ton of issues with it.

1. Battery life sucks. After 10 minutes its down to 93%. If its a bug FINE, it still needs to be addressed.
it's a bug
2. Call quality is subpar. Not talking about the bars. I have 3 phones here and all get better reception. I even have a network extender but still get missed calls.
I can hear people fine but sometimes people can't here me but there outside most of the time

3. Brightness doesnt change when you walk into sunlight. The phone becomes unusable in the sunlight unless you manually turn the brightness all the way up. The automatic setting doesnt do ANYTHING. The original droid changes automatically, why doesnt the incredible. Dont tell me I have to change my settings everytime I step outside and then change them back to conserve battery life.

4. Landscape screen has no send option? Why should I have to change the phone back just to hit send?
this is a bitch but android is so customizable you can download another keyboard

don't have that problem
no problem
9. Phone continues to tell me I havnt read some texts after I go through them all.
wht are you using f your using something other than message you have to go to message settings and turn of notifications

10. Picking up another phone call while on the phone disconnects you with the 1st caller. Even when it works sometimes when you hang up the second call your brought back to your homescreen forcing you to open up the phone and hit call in progress just to end the call.
never tried
Go ahead and complain im complaining. I paid a lot for the phone and there are a ton of issues with it.
every phone has a problem not every phone is perfect, this phone has been out for 5 days, 5 DAYS people need to wait till HTC can fix some of these problems, and yes even the iphone/blackberry/Moto droid has as much problems as the incredible has

Upvote 0
No complaining from me about your issues. All I know is that if I could come up with a top 10 reasons for not owning a phone, I would return it before I had a chance to even log into a forum. Come on, why do you still have the phone?

I guess my expectations were to high for the phone. A lot of them can be fixed with software updates, but if no one is complaining about them they wont get noticed/fixed. Im not saying I hate the phone, im saying there are some problems with it and I think everyone here wants them to be fixed also

Upvote 0

1. there are other batteries you can buy what do you expect from the same battery as eris?
2. My call quality is fine better than previous phones ive had and ive had alot.
3. yeah brightness should change
4. all you have to do is hit the little keyboard in the left bottom corner and there is a send button.
5. thats what the space bar is for
6. Dont have this problem with my camera
7. No squeaks here maybe you got a bad back
9. Havent experienced this with messaged
10. this has always happened with verizon for some reason

Upvote 0
Mine squeaks and creaks too.....right where the two sides meet you can push the plastic in almost all the way around. Really annoys the hell out of me but once I get a case I should be able to forget it.

The build quality is the one giant negative that I have with this phone...I am blaming battery issues on myself (for now).

Upvote 0
1. there are other batteries you can buy what do you expect from the same battery as eris?
2. My call quality is fine better than previous phones ive had and ive had alot.
3. yeah brightness should change
4. all you have to do is hit the little keyboard in the left bottom corner and there is a send button.
5. thats what the space bar is for
6. Dont have this problem with my camera
7. No squeaks here maybe you got a bad back
9. Havent experienced this with messaged
10. this has always happened with verizon for some reason

1. So I should pay a lot of money for the phone, then spend another 60 on a better battery and a new back cover?
10. The previous smartphones have not had this problem. Its extremely annoying and makes call waiting pointless

Upvote 0
The battery thing is not a bug. Its due to the phone not being charged up 100%. We've been over this many many times. When you charge your phone it charges normally to 90% and then trickle charges the last 10%. It takes 3-4 times longer to charge the last 10% as it does the first 90%. This is done so it does not over charge the battery which would cause a fire. The reason it jumps down is because its not really at 100% when you take it off the charger, but the only way the phone knows not to quick charge is if it tells the phone its at 100%. From there it will trickle charge the rest of the way even though it will read 100% when you check the widget or the about>battery screen.

Upvote 0
Mine is in the case/hoster combo from verizon so its VERY solid. i`ve dropped it alot since purchase (saturday) without a scratch!
best $30 a spent!
i set my brightness to the max. i like to see the detail in my phone :)
i turn off 'enable always on mobile' and use the power setting widget that came with the phn to turn off gps and bluetooth when i dont need it.
i also use advanced task manager. on a heavy day (this past sunday) i got about 7 hours before it went to the yellow. but i keep a charger in my car so i just threw it on that. needless to say i dont have battery issues.
could be my area but my connections are top!
for phone and internet. so far flawless phone. i havent had an issue yet and its been 3.5 days of non-stop FUN! :)

Upvote 0
The battery thing is not a bug. Its due to the phone not being charged up 100%. We've been over this many many times. When you charge your phone it charges normally to 90% and then trickle charges the last 10%. It takes 3-4 times longer to charge the last 10% as it does the first 90%. This is done so it does not over charge the battery which would cause a fire. The reason it jumps down is because its not really at 100% when you take it off the charger, but the only way the phone knows not to quick charge is if it tells the phone its at 100%. From there it will trickle charge the rest of the way even though it will read 100% when you check the widget or the about>battery screen.

Really, because I have a car charger and use it all day. I placed it on the charger at 9pm last night when it was at 93% and 8 hours later i took it off to have it read 93%

Upvote 0
Absolutely NOT. YOU should return the phone and move on to another handset. Problem solved. Goodbye.

Oh because there are some problems everyone is having I should just return it and move on? Are you honestly 6 years old. Grow up buddy. If you dont have anything helpful to post then shut up and keep your immature comments to yourself. Its a phone, excuse me if I hurt its feelings

Upvote 0
such negativity in this tread!

To the OP. They ship with weaker batteries to save money. They offer higher performance batteries as a purchase afterwards if the user wishes it. I thought about it, but for now I keep a USB cable with me at work, have a car charger and home charger, so I'm covered.

The other issues I haven't experienced, so no idea.

Upvote 0
Oh because there are some problems everyone is having I should just return it and move on? Are you honestly 6 years old. Grow up buddy. If you dont have anything helpful to post then shut up and keep your immature comments to yourself. Its a phone, excuse me if I hurt its feelings

You've been quite obnoxious in many threads.. Annoying and attacking everybody.

I think it is time for you to leave the forum and return the phone.

Upvote 0
You've been quite obnoxious in many threads.. Annoying and attacking everybody.

I think it is time for you to leave the forum and return the phone.

Actually your the one that continues to be annoying and complaining that im talking about some issues with the phone. Why do you need to get so defensive when I bring up a problem. Its a phone, it has problems that need to be addressed GET OVER IT

Upvote 0

What is the purpose of this thread? If you want to bitch about the phone then fine, that's your right. But why would you keep a phone that you obviously seem to have serious issues with is beyond me. There are plenty of other phones out there that might be better suited.

What annoys people is you post this and then keep pushing your point onto people who don't have your issues. It's really simple, just return it. We don't care, no one cares.

Upvote 0
What is the purpose of this thread? If you want to bitch about the phone then fine, that's your right. But why would you keep a phone that you obviously seem to have serious issues with is beyond me. There are plenty of other phones out there that might be better suited.

What annoys people is you post this and then keep pushing your point onto people who don't have your issues. It's really simple, just return it. We don't care, no one cares.

hmm I would say 50% of the the threads for this phone are questions about problems people are having. So it is an issue. Dont tell me I push people into responding. If you dont like what I have to say, dont continue to read the post and reply ITS THAT SIMPLE.

Upvote 0
hmm I would say 50% of the the threads for this phone are questions about problems people are having. So it is an issue. Dont tell me I push people into responding. If you dont like what I have to say, dont continue to read the post and reply ITS THAT SIMPLE.
You don't even respond to the people who try to help you and when you do it's negative, ITS THAT SIMPLE

Upvote 0
i just think he suffers from lack of knowledge. so instead of learning how to fix his issues he post so that others can fix it for him. its just not going so well for him. i gave my use case above so see if u can get something from it.
simply read read read!!
also, the screen is designed to draw less power which is HUGE!
just tweak a little more and your device could be top in about an hour!
u can do it!! :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones