1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Here goes nothing, trying to get to VZW

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by evomattnc, May 17, 2011.

1. yellar

yellar Lurker

I got it to work. I downloaded and installed the epst.apk. I had to uninstall and re-install but it worked the second time, hit ##prl# and it went into the menu and I now have a verizon prl loaded.

Advertisement

Mr. Ed likes this.
  2. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

Sweet glad you are back to better data speeds

3. yellar

yellar Lurker

Have you heard anything from Sprint over your roaming data? I hope it don't take more than a couple of months myself.

4. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

Mr ed said it was 5-8 months for him. I'm on like 3 or 4. Haven't heard anything yet. I'm sure I will, all my data is roaming. I haven't been on a sprint prl at all since I switched.

5. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

+1 i cant imagine why anybody would get an iphone right now (or period for that matter LoL jk im not hatin' on this thing anymore, just thought that was funny :] )

6. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

weird, i guess i was right about the TOS thing... even my posts are gone LoL but mr. eds is still there :/

7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yeah i reported it to a mod and he deleted them. i felt that it was kind of poor taste to do that.

youdoofus likes this.
  8. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

muchas gracias ocn :)

9. ocnbrze

just an fyi, anybody can hit the report button on a post they deemed inappropriate and a mod will make the decision on what to do.

9to5cynic likes this.
  10. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Ok..so just got off the phone with Sprint...

They claim the letter was sent by mistake and I am not being cancelled, that the letter would only apply if it were a mobile broadband card

They also let me know those that were gold and would have received an upgrade are eligible until july 31st

GRRRRRRR

So now I have a phone on ATT and Sprint lol. I can still take back the ATT phone and cancel all of that but their network has been far superior.

the plan? hell if I know.

I think I am going to keep the att infuse and keep jacking with it..I have until 8/9 to return it
    Get my upgrade to a 3d and try that out ..will have until the 20th next month to return it

hold on to both until one of the two carriers comes out with the sg2 and if that doesn't happen, pick one of the devices to keep :p 3vo or Infuse

What a mess..for all I know my account at sprint will still be canceled on 8/2

11. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

12. ocnbrze

wow that is a big oooooooppppppssssss!!! on sprint.

13. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

Can't you tell sprint you already switched because of it and get them to let you go for real? They should...

14. Mr. Ed

thats most likely what will happen.

15. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

lol wow. way to stay on top of it sprint...

16. Granite1

If you like ATT better, go with them. I'd force Sprint into letting you go on the grounds of your new contract.
    That whole sitiation is fubar'd, don't tolerate it Ed, drop tha hammer!

9to5cynic likes this.
  17. Mr. Ed

oh i will ;)

on the bright side of things...i went into a sprint store yesterday and they replaced my screen and bezel for free!

18. rkkeller

rkkeller Android Enthusiast

I would never go to Verizon, have you checked how limited and expensive their plans are? Your going to be paying close to $100 a month if you wanted unlimited txt and the data is capped too. ATT is not much better.

I was looking around myself as my Sprint contract expires in October around the time the new iPhone is "rumored" to be out. No way am I going anywhere but Sprint. The coverage might not be the best but the plans can't be beat.

Rooted my EVO with Synergy RC2 and am fine. :>

19. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

I agree about the pricing and cap but I literally get almost no data service from sprint even though I certainly pay for it. Besides 4g here can replace my time warner also. Yes I'll pay 80 bucks for 10 gig and 10 for every gig over but I'll be dropping 70 from time warner and that extra also includes phone service. It should work our for me.

20. Mr. Ed

for those not familiar....i have no 4g at home...3 g is 500kbs to 1500 depending on time of day. i have time warner and a wireless router.

I have no 4g or 3g at work. I added a hidden router at work this week but our internet sucks.

Veronica has an Att family plan..my line addition was $10...2gb data another $20 and we are pretty sure we can get att to switch her unlimited from her line over to mine.

speeds are really good and getting better. my low on all three att devices is about 1500 kbps. hell even wifi is faster with about 4000kbps less loss.

in a worst case scenario i am paying no more than i was with sprint because of the family plan...even if i use more data (another odd fact...i have not changed my usage habits at all and att shows me using a ton less than sprint did)

in a best case scenario i get even better speeds when they flip on 4g and drop time warner (hard to give up at 20-50 mbps for $30/mo)

verizon was out of the question...their phones and plans were the highest. tmobile was ok...but i wouldnt get the family plan savings.

i still plan on popping in with some screen shots of speed tests etc later.

21. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

dang yall... i have midcontinent communications, and i get 30 Mbps dn and 5 Mbps up and thats their lowest speed... however, i live in a market where, for some odd reason, monumental bband speed is apparently paramount. Midco doesnt screw around when it comes to putting your foot to the floor

22. Granite1

I have dsl, 3mbs max in my area. I had Verizon Fios when i lived closer to Pittsburgh, now I'm 1/2 mile from getting their service. Bunch o crap! Fios was the shiznit, 4 gig game dl in an hour or two. Now I set it up and let it run when i go to bed. :(

23. takirb

takirb Android Enthusiast

Yea, i've seen firsthand how fast AT&T's 3G speeds are, blows Sprint outta the water on speed. I've never tested VZW, and TMobile is the worst carrier in my area hands down. Surprised they still have a store here actually. I've never gotten 1500kbs on Sprint's 3G network, i think the fastest i've ever gotten was the 750kbs range.

24. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Pssh I've got the glorious dial up.... 1k down.

I've heard that (at least around here) Verizon and AT&T speeds stomp sprint.

25. Mr. Ed

whats is really odd is my wifi speeds are better too...

androidforums.com/2983032-post38.html