1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Here is a strange battery issue I have suddenly stated having

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adamkse, Jan 13, 2012.

1. adamkse

adamkse Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    i am rooted running miui and have been for about a year. i have had no reall isue with battery life, it easily sees me through the day until a few days ago.

I am not sure what happened but the only changes i can think of are that i updated a few apps from the market (cant remember at all which ones) and i hit my warning limit on 3g watchdog which i do not normaly do.

since these things my battery has not even making it more than 8 hours. any idea what it could be? maybe it was an app which i have a widget for and it has changed the refresh rate or something?

any help would be good.

update: i also switch of my data connection today and the battery drain seems to have stopped so likely due to somethign using data i guess

Advertisement

2. jryanwhitney

jryanwhitney Guest
    None
    With your connection upgrade, your phone could be having troubles finding it in your area (due to it being scarce in your area). That would cause your battery life to drain tremendously. I recommend checking out the normal things that cause bad battery life (brightness, wifi/bluetooth/gps/auto sync, corrupted and non-market apps, ect), and make sure your phone isn't spending a lot of time searching for the best signal.

3. adamkse

adamkse Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    Right, I am now on my next months data allowance and after just half a day 3g watch dog says I have used over 70mb already. What could be using it?

4. Flumme

Flumme Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    Sweden
    settings>applications>battery use

look for any app that's been using a lot of battery. With Titanium backup you can freeze any suspicious-looking app (with data still on). If that stops the battery drain and data communication - there's your culprit!

Another option is to freeze all running apps, and very slowly allow one app at a time to unfreeze. When batterydrain starts, you know what you just turned on...

adamkse likes this.
  5. adamkse

adamkse Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    thanks flumme i will give that a go.

edit: i solved my problem. after taking flumme's advice, i found out that miui has some very good stuff on there for monitoring whats happening. i found out it was the standard android email app which was weird. i tried to close it and open it again but it didnt work. i had to clear all its cache and data then re-add my accounts. seems completely fine now. no idea what happened.

Tags: