1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Here is the link to Sprint's page on the phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LxMxFxD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. LxMxFxD

LxMxFxD Android Enthusiast

Epic 4G Touch

I cannot believe how long this name is:

samsung galaxy S II Epic 4g touch. WTF?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. toolwarrior

toolwarrior Well-Known Member

It's still just a good ole Galaxy S2 to me!

3. heavychevy

heavychevy Android Expert

LOL at the name.

4. Exit24

Exit24 Member

haha, Sprint couldn't decide between Galaxy S II and Epic 4G Touch ... so they just threw it all together.

5. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert

Like a boss!

6. mgm0918

mgm0918 Lurker

Yeah I don't think the words "Epic" or "Touch" appear on the phone at all. AT&T and T-Mo, I guess, are just called the SGS2 so why Sprint had to be different is beyond me. Either way, when people ask what phone I have, I'll definitely be saying Samsung Galaxy S II.

7. Gavisann

Gavisann Android Enthusiast

I like the fact they added "Touch" the Epic 4G is a touch screen so why do they feel the need to differentiate the phones with "Touch"?

8. LxMxFxD

LxMxFxD Android Enthusiast

I alled my local sprint store and the guy said "we aren't taking pre orders for it yet, call back tomorrow."

I called Sprint directly and they said "we only take pre orders online in the premiere section" to which I found no way to order it through sprint.com

Anyone figured this out yet? I'm 99% sure I already want it, and willing to "risk" $50 for it... thoughts?

9. Androidalltheway

Androidalltheway Android Enthusiast

They added touch to differentiate it from the original epic, which has a slide out keyboard, just like the mytouch 3g and the my touch slide, they are branding the epic name

10. toolwarrior

toolwarrior Well-Known Member

Hummmm..... maybe the original EPIC should have been called the EPIC Slide..... :D

11. MachineGunnWilly

MachineGunnWilly Well-Known Member

I Christen Thee, "The Epic Touch"!

12. ravizzle

ravizzle Newbie

I think if anyone asks me what phone i have, ima just gonna say Galaxy S2. epic touch and epic is confusing for most ppl. Im surprised though at how ppl confuse super different looking phones for iproducts. i have had many ppl ask me if my current epic was an iphone, and if my asus transformer (undocked) was an ipad.

13. Gavisann

Gavisann Android Enthusiast

I have had similar experiences. It is starting to get very irritating...

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews