• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

here is why I use a task killer

I think some people truely have positive experiences with ATK, like myself. I truely see an increase in battery life using ATK. Just let it be, most people claiming to be such Android Linux experts probably aren't, I've yet to see 1 piece of literature from the anti-ATK people prooving that ATK is not needed. Show me something, some reputable reference/document that proves ATK is not needed.

I use ATK battery life goes up, I don't use it, battery life goes down. Thats all the proof I need.

ps...samsung is most likely going to start running a task manager on upcoming firmware updates for the galaxy S. They even have a how to video already running on their official site, showing how to install a task manager on the galaxy s phones. If Android/linux didn't require a task killer, surely it wouldn't require a task manager either. Ugh

Maybe you need one if you're stock because the lack of customizability while rooted you have access to every function your phone does so it's not necessary? *shrugs* either way, like I said earlier for some people it's a necessity, others it is not.

Upvote 0
I think some people truely have positive experiences with ATK, like myself. I truely see an increase in battery life using ATK. Just let it be, most people claiming to be such Android Linux experts probably aren't, I've yet to see 1 piece of literature from the anti-ATK people prooving that ATK is not needed. Show me something, some reputable reference/document that proves ATK is not needed.

I use ATK battery life goes up, I don't use it, battery life goes down. Thats all the proof I need.

If you're battery life is going up because of a task killer, that is a symptom of something actually being set wrong on your phone (rogue app) and the task killer is just masking the problem, your battery life would go up even MORE if you actually fixed the problem instead of MASKING the problem with a task killer. That is everyone's point, your battery life goes up with a task killer when you have a bad app running on your phone, your battery life goes up MORE when you fix the bad app on your phone and dump the task killer.

Upvote 0
If you're battery life is going up because of a task killer, that is a symptom of something actually being set wrong on your phone (rogue app) and the task killer is just masking the problem, your battery life would go up even MORE if you actually fixed the problem instead of MASKING the problem with a task killer. That is everyone's point, your battery life goes up with a task killer when you have a bad app running on your phone, your battery life goes up MORE when you fix the bad app on your phone and dump the task killer.

really, what kind of bad app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones