• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Here it is guys the new gingerbread radio! (Now officially leaked from xda)!

When I flashed the radio after the ROM, i let it boot all the way up then booted to recovery and updated that way. I think I am too stupid to figure out when exactly to pull the battery and I was afraid to foul it up by pulling it while too early. All loaded just fine with NO reboots...awesome.

Also, digdug, why do you like the kernel you listed. I flashed the one that came in the Das Bamf 2.0 ROM.

Upvote 0
second shot,youre putting too much thot into the battery thing ;)

when the rom is completely done flashing,and goes back to the main menu.i.e., the point at wich you would normally hit "reboot system now" just pull the battery to power off the phone. then turn it on holding vol- to get into hboot.

thats all there is to it... there isnt a small window,or anything like that... just anytime after the rom fully flashes. once its done you could give it 2 or 3 minutes if you want to play it extra safe. :)

ive been on th3oryOfGinger all day with the new radio. i have to say i like this rom,in that there is absolutely nothing fancy about it. its about as simple and basic as a sense rom can get,and it does work well.

only prollem i had,was after replacing my dead battery with a fresh spare,bluetooth wouldnt stay connected for more than a couple seconds. unpairing and rediscovering seemed to fix it. idk if it was a random concidence,or had somethin to do with the battery change.

gps locked right away,didnt have any data issues,no reboots. it seemed to be a lil laggy scrolling in phandroid,but that mighta been my imagination :eek:;)

i was on the internet more than usual with the phone browser,so its hard to gauge the battery life with the new radio. i think in a normal day id have made it to the end with no prollems.

Upvote 0
That makes sense on the battery pull. I just remember reading that pulling the battery while in recovery mode was sketchy. All good.

BTW, good review on the Theory ROM. I downloaded it last night and haven't tried it yet. I am doing a backup right now and I am also going to flash the sense 3.0 to see what that is like.

This is a great distraction on a 100+ day here in DC!

Cheers :cool:

Upvote 0
depends on your definition of "best" gingeritis and bamf are both good. bamf remix is a really slick theme. im on th3oryOfGinger right now,and its not fancy,but is working awsomely.

my personal preference is cm7,but its pre-alpha and has some issues. it works flawlessly for me,with the exception of battery life.(it also uses froyo radios)

Reactions: rexdog1888
Upvote 0
Made the jump back to GB again.

Some apps are force closing, but we'll see if I can work those out.

Otherwise I'm gonna see how 'stripped' I can make BAMF 2.0.5

*edit* Some of the apps that force closing just needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled from the market. Probably just a bug with TiBu.

Working well, still would love an official 'Stripped' version. Soon enough I would imagine.

Anyone else notice that the ad blocker in the toolkit doesn't work?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones