• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HERE maps - feature from Windows Phone version

Jun 18, 2012
My job requires I keep abreast of technology, so I have a myriad of phones to play with.

I have noticed the Windows version of HERE maps has a feature which (IMHO) kicks the Android versions a**.

When I launch HERE on WP, it immediate goes into "Navigate" mode. The display is current location in 3D (as if I had entered a destination). If I drive, it follows with time/distance elapsed, and displaying current speed limits. A very nice touch.

Is the any way to get the Android version to do the same ?

(Little tip for tech-heads. Keep a variety of devices/OS platforms around, so you can see the best features from all. Otherwise you're in danger of putting up with what the developers can get away with).

ah, tiny bit more info ..

messing around, I entered a route (from here to here) and started the navigation. Then stopped it, and the App went into the display I wanted.

Touching the Speed/Distance section, I got a menu screen. Selecting "Dispay" and there are *2* sets of options.

1) for "Navigation"
2) for *tracking*

it seems "Tracking" is what I am talking about.

So my question can be refined as "is it possible to start HERE Maps in tracking mode ?"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones