1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Here's a notification app for missed calls & texts!! (It's not NoLed)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Benn514, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Benn514

Benn514 Newbie

I came across this in the marketplace. It basically lights up your screen on and off when you have a missed call or text. You have to option to set the frequency your screen flashes to notify you (every 5, 10 seconds, etc) and for how long this goes on (1 hour, 2 hours, etc)

Gonna try it out. Not sure if it's a battery drainer or not, just trying it out myself.

Here you go:

FlashNotify - Cyrket

2. jree

jree Android Enthusiast

definitley gonna be battery drainer if its lighting up the whole screen. I don't understand why its so important to have a notification light. I guess its a nervous tick bc I check my phone constantly

3. masterotaku

masterotaku Newbie

I carry mine in a magnetic flap horizontal holster at work so I can't even see the screen. I just....remember that my phone buzzed and...answer when I can!?!??!?!?

I don't get it..lol

4. saamlee92

saamlee92 Member

and is there any app like this but that turns on the bottom buttons? It would be cool

5. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert

I think the problem is that those buttons are not controlled by the Android kernel. You might need to root your phone.

6. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Android Enthusiast

I would go for something like this if instead of lighting up the screen, it would vibrate.

7. ariella19

ariella19 Newbie

I used to love the led light on my blackberry because I didn't carry my phone with me at all times when I was at home and if I missed a call or text I would notice it better with it because otherwise I would forget to check my phone.

8. jkcheng122

jkcheng122 Member

As in you want the phone to continuously vibrate until you clear the notifications? That's bad b/c it can sometimes rock itself off a desk or table if not stopped in time. If you just want it to vibrate for a bit when the notifications come in, Notifications in the settings of each app can change that.

9. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Im going to stick with NoLED

Samsung Vibrant Forum

The Samsung Vibrant release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews