1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Hero 2.1 Update Sucks.....Please Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zouriyu, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Zouriyu

Zouriyu New Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Hello Yesterday I updated the software to 2.1 and since then My phone has a short vibration that goes off every time I make a call and also when I call or receive a number there are no Dashes between the numbers. Am I the only one with this. Please help. Thank you :mad::thinking::(:eek:

Advertisement

2. nycks1

nycks1 New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    No, I'm having the same problem.

3. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Electrical Engineer
    Brighton
    Where did you get your 2.1 from, there are a few custom roms non are perfect, non are official

4. themonkster

themonkster Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    I think these guys are Sprint users and are in the wrong forum.

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    Yep, seems that way. I'll move it across to the Sprint Hero forum.

6. 305Cane

305Cane Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009

wow, talk about amazing reasons for saying something sucks....

7. jeremysm1

jeremysm1 Active Member

Jan 5, 2010
    I updated mine about a week ago and used the authorized ROM for the Sprint HTC Hero phone. I also have the vibration sound after I dial outbound. VERY annoying.

My experience is that this update slowed my phone down immensely until I rebooted it a couple times. Now, everything seems to run as expected--except this vibration and the absolute worst bluetooth connectivity ever. My bluetooth was fine prior to the update, but now its a PITA to connect to my car--especially if I'm already on the phone when I turn my car on.

The Android market is vastly improved though with 2.1.... All in all, I have EVO envy anyway and I hope they fix the quarks ASAP. Good to know that I'm not alone in regards to the dialing vibrate issue.

J

8. gnarlyDUCK

gnarlyDUCK Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I thought the vibration was put there to let you know that its dialing out and not just sitting there.

Because for some reason, my Hero is annoyingly slow when dialing or searching through contacts to call. Then pressing "Call" always took awhile and I believe people would keep tapping it.

^ Thats the reason i can conclude why they added that vibration.

9. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Student/Engineer
    Minnesota
    agreed, and personally I'm glad they did it. It's one little vibration, and happens at the same time, every time. I don't understand how it can annoy people so badly

10. Zouriyu

Zouriyu New Member

Jun 1, 2010
    From the HTC Website

11. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Martial Arts Instructor
    Michigan - Metro Detroit
    The vibration call connection is a pretty lame thing to be all pissed off over... just sayin...

12. astrobill

astrobill Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2009
    We'd be happy to help you....here's what we'll do...

We'll start a series of threaded discussions on this forum with *specific* and clear titles for each particular, specific question people may have and then address those specifics in each aptly-named thread. We'll also maintain a "sticky" thread titled "list of issues, quirks, problems with 2.1" to avoid duplicate discussions.

How's that sound to you??? Oh wait...we already did both of those! Look around, man...read a little....sit back, grab a beer....

13. astrobill

astrobill Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Dude...this is the topic of about five different threads, most with titles that specifically say that's what they're about....come on, stop clogging up the forum!

14. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    I'm not denying repeat questions are annoying, but this was posted in the GSM section originally so you can't really expect them to have read the stickies over here.

15. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Maryland
    I also think the vibration is probably good for people who have a problem with pocket dialing

16. doinurmom

doinurmom New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I subscribed to this forum just to say this the new android SUCKS it is the worst thing that has happened in the cell phone industry ever I hate it I want my old android 1.X back

17. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Male
    Systems Analyst
    Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Thanks for joining... We need more whiners.

18. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Martial Arts Instructor
    Michigan - Metro Detroit
    lmfao

19. jarnold

jarnold Member

Dec 14, 2009
    I have read thru this thread and didn't see anything (I may have missed it) that talks about this problem with Android 2.1 and my Hero. Basically it sucks. The HTC backup procedure to save my contacts was like a second grade science project and it has taken more than a week to get my contacts back in order.

The biggest problem (assuming I don't throw the phone back to Sprint, who says so far it is an Android and HTC problem, nothing they can do -- horse manure if they lose a customer) is that when I am ON a call. The screen blanks after x seconds, but if you need to go back to the screen (like hit "#" to terminate a voice message or even just hang up), there is no way to get back there!! Pressing the trackball doesn't do squat, pressing the back key screws up the call and sometimes leaves it in progress, usually requiring about a half dozen clicks or button presses to really terminate the call. Totally unacceptable.

Jon

20. Kataclysmic

Kataclysmic Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    Iowa

The back button works just fine for me. I'd rather have the screen black out anyway. I've hit the 'End Call' button more times than i can count with my cheek/chin when I'm holding the phone on my shoulder.

21. gnarlyDUCK

gnarlyDUCK Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I've realized that the Menu key is your best solution to waking up the screen while on a call.

22. Wildhoney

Wildhoney Member

May 27, 2010
    It isn't a bug, it is a feature, guys. It is to let you know when the call connects. I personally think it is very convenient. I don't have to hold the phone to my ear and wait for the ring to start, I can just hold the phone in my hand and put it up to my ear when I feel the vibration.

23. Hemlox

Hemlox Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Illinois
    I agree 100%.

24. Hemlox

Hemlox Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Illinois
    Go back to your flip phone.

Tags: