• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero and Itunes

So, is there anyway to sync the Hero and Itunes? If you can't get the Hero Sync prog to work right?

-Roll

One issue should go first ahead of your question --- is the music you want to transfer from iTunes DRM-protected?

1. If they are non-DRM .mp3 or .m4a, you can either use one-stand free iTunes transfer like DoubleTwist or iTunes Agent which dose good job of transferring iTunes music to HTC Hero; or you can manually frag and drop by following those steps:

Step 1. Plug in your phone via-usb to Windows Computer

Step 2. From the "HTC HERO Phone" pull down drop-menu from the top and select with your finger the menu that says "USB Connected Select to copy files to/from your computer.

Step 3. Select Mount ("on the phone")

Step 4. The Default Windows Removable Disk shows up (on the computer), select open folder to view files. Here you will see the phones & applications file structure.

Step 5. Select the file that says DCIM then 100MEDIA this is location for your music, pictures, and videos.

Step 6. Open up My Computer or Windows Explorer in a seprate window on the computer and copy and paste your files into the 100MEDIA location.

Step 7. Final step, from the phone pull down the drop down menu from the top and select Turn off USB Storage - Turn off - you will see SD Sync.

2. If they are DRM-protectd .m4p music .m4v video files or other protected .wma wmv files, a 3rd party (Link Removed by Mod) is a must-have tool to strip DRM license and convert format to HTC supported .mp3 audio and .3gp video.

Transferring is as easy as what was stated above.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Er...won't DoubleTwist synch iTunes music to Android (and other) phones much more easily than all that? Or will DoubleTwist only work for non-DRM'ed songs? Not sure...

Sync, Play & Send to BlackBerry, PSP, iPod, iPhone with doubleTwist
I am happily using Salling Media Sync. There is a free version (slower performance) and a pro or licensed version for $22 on my MAC. Syncs beautifully with iTunes, just set-up your playlists normally in iTunes and Salling Media Sync will list them and let you choose which playlists you want to sync to your hero. It will also sync photos from iPhoto very easily and now podcasts too...

I'm just a satisfied customer, have no interest or affiliation with them... ;)

/BD :cool:

Upvote 0
Itunes? Really?!?

Why use itunes when dragging and dropping is so much easier and faster!

The concept of directories, even when overly simplified with the name "folder", seems to be beyond some people's grasp these days. I am ashamed to admit that my wife, brother and sister all do not understand it...no matter how many different ways I've tried to explain it.

Upvote 0
One issue should go first ahead of your question --- is the music you want to transfer from iTunes DRM-protected?

2. If they are DRM-protectd .m4p music .m4v video files or other protected .wma wmv files, a 3rd party (Link Removed by Mod) is a must-have tool to strip DRM license and convert format to HTC supported .mp3 audio and .3gp video.

Transferring is as easy as what was stated above.

Good luck!

Actually even if they are DRM protected there is a perfectly LEGAL means provided by Apple itself. Just burn your music you want to a cd via iTunes and then convert them back to the unprotected Format mp3. Being that you OWN the files of course and it is for your OWN personal use.

Then transfer them to your MicroSD card.

:)

Reactions: romeosidvicious
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones