• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero Android 2.1 LED Notifications

pissedoff

Lurker
Jun 11, 2010
I recently dumped my Palm Treo 800 because it could not do repeat notifications; even after I did ther registry hack. I purchased a new Sprint HTC Hero w/Android 2.1 because it has flashing LED notifications. After I bought it I found out the LED notifications only last 5 minutes then stop. What good is that! Did some research and rooted my phone and installed an app from the market "Missed Call" which doesn't work. Does anyone know how to get the LED notifications to not timeout? In a perfect world, the LED would continue to flash until I acknowledge the event....like the HTC TP2 does (windows). So, I;ve got a clean rooted HTC Hero 2.1 and am looking for a fix/hack/app that will give me some control over the LED timeout.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones