• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HERO car holder

Matterof8th

Nov 24, 2009
Hey all

I've got the american version of the HTC Hero, and i'm looking around for car holders which can also charge, and plug into the car lighter. I found this:
Amazon.com: Advanced Car Mount System FM Transmitter & Charger for HTC Hero / myTouch 3G / HTC Dream / Samsung Moment and other Google Android Phones - Manufactured by Accessory Power ***Includes Mouse Pad***: Electronics

It's also an FM transmitter to boot. Sweet, exactly what I want. My only question is, in the picture it is holding the european version (is that the G1 vs G2? I dont get the whole G thing.) and i'm curious if you guys think it would work for my version. I'm most concerned with the ability to charge, it says it's possible but I cant see a small usb cord coming off the device. Does the european version use a different plug to charge?

Anyone happen to have this? Advice?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones